JOYDEB DAS & AMAL NAYEK
Sajnekhali being the gateway of Sundarban Tiger Reserve and very popular among visitors is actually a part of “Pirkhali Jungle” Sajnekhali Wild Life Sanctuary.
- Mangrove Interpretation Centre for information on Mangroves and the Ecosystem.
- A Watch Tower for viewing wildlife.
- An estuarine Crocodile Pond and Turtle Pond.
- A Bono Bibi Temple.
- A Tourist lodge of West Bengal Tourism Dev. Corp. is also located here with a watch tower. One Station Office of the Tiger Reserve is there and permission to entire the Sundarban Tiger
- Reserve can be obtained from that office. A bird watcher’s careful search can find the following: 7- colorful species of the Kingfisher, White Bellied Sea Eagle, Plovers, Lap-Wings, Curlews, Whimbrel, Sandpipers and even the occasional Pelican. The students and researchers may also find it as an ideal place for their study materials and specimens.